July 26, 2009

Nothern Virginia...





... and a bit of Delaware.

Last week we went to Northern Virginia and spent a day at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware (more to come about the beach) where the three first photos were taken. It was such a lovely village with gorgeous white beach houses. One was standing out though with it's shocking pink color!

The last two photos were taken in Old Alexandria in Northern Virginia, another gorgeous neighborhood on the Potomac river, just across from Washington D.C. The kind of place you can only dream living in for it is sooooo expansive!

I am stunned by the gorgeous sculptures made out of toilet paper rolls by Junior Jacquet - found through one of my new favorite blog Accidental Mysteries.

5 comments:

P.K said...

a very brave pink statement, the link to the toilet paper rolls sculptures was inspiring, shall have to give it a try. enjoy your photos.

Anairam said...

What a charming place - I really like the pink house, although I probably would not paint my own house that colour! PS I gave you a little award on my blog, Nathalie!

sophie said...

Je me régale de tes photos.
Merci
A bientôt

louise said...

Love the light in these photos and that upturned watering can.

lea said...

i like the pink house! never thought i would say that about a pink house : ) but strangely enough it works! looks like a lovely and cosy area.