October 8, 2010

sewing machine...

machine à coudre

machin à coudre

Hello! Two weeks since I've been here! I am so busy at work. I came home late every night this week. I am exhausted! But yet I was up at 5 this morning, unable to sleep anymore. Can't wait for this 3 days weekend (it's Thanksgiving here in Canada). I hope to get out of the city and go see the amazing fall colors. What are your plans?

The sewing machine up there belonged to my mother. Now it belongs to me but I don't take it out very often for I am not very good at sewing. I had to use it lately though because my wools were infested by moths again. I sewed little sachets in which I put lavender flowers. I think it worked, I haven't seen a moth in a while. I love this machine, so many memories sewed to it, remembering my mother's sewing projects, her patience and talent. The hat needles were there when I got the machine, I never took them off.

I find these very cute.

8 comments:

Line said...

bon congé de l'Action de Grâce profite-z-en au maximum!!

P.K said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great weekend.

Kerry Hawkins said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I like these photos, they have the feel of times gone by

inaluxe said...

Happy thanksgiving! I hope the long weekend is a restufl and mega fun one for you! The sewing machine is amazing - I love the connection and history in it. :) So special. :) Have fun, xo Kristina.

sophiemunns said...

Love the story Nathalie... enjoy your three days of and happy Thanksgiving to you!
Sophie

Anairam said...

I love your photographs! I have a sewing machine (a treadle) that belonged to my grandmother. I sue it as a bedside table. I also have a modern sewing machine - but I use it so seldom that I always have to get the booklet out to remind me how to thread it. These days I mostly prefer to sew by hand!

aimee said...

hope you have a restful and peaceful weekend! maybe you'll make something with that machine when you return?

Robert said...

C'est bien de voir comment les choses nous ramènent aux gens qui nous sont chers, j'espère que le weekens t'a été profitable, n'oublies pas que tu n'es pas le travail, le travail c'est un véhicule pour satisfaire nos besoins...